LA County COVID-19 School Waivers
While Los Angeles County remains in Tier 1 (Widespread Community Transmission) on the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, schools must remain closed to in-person instruction with the exception of limited specialized services and assessments for high need students. Department of Public Health with support and guidance from the Board of Supervisors is offering a waiver opportunity whereby schools may bring back students only in grades
The waiver program is subject to the following limitations:
- Up to 30 schools will be granted approvals each week; additional schools may be approved in a given week if there weren’t 30 approvals each of the prior weeks.
- Prioritization for all slots will be given to schools with higher percentages of students qualifying for Free or Reduced-Price Meals (FRPM)
- The 30 schools per week will be equally distributed between the five Supervisorial Districts.
The Waiver Application for Elementary Education Cover Sheet and all supporting documents must be emailed to SchoolwaiversC19@ph.lacounty.gov. Each school applying for a re-opening process will also need to complete the County Public Health K-12 School reopening protocol checklist.
Public Health will require the following to grant a waiver:
Health & Safety
- There is adherence to LAC School Re-opening Protocols.
- There is sufficient and appropriate protective equipment and infection control supplies, as defined by the re-opening protocols and CDPH guidance, that schools have obtained for all teachers and staff who will be involved in in-person instruction.
- Public health & school resources for investigation and outbreak response are clearly defined and are available to schools that are open for in-classroom instruction.
- Testing resources are available to provide access to periodic testing to all elementary teachers and staff, with reasonable turn-around times.
- Consultation with California Department of Public Health
Consultation with California Department of Public Health
- Public Health will consult with CDPH through submission of a CDPH form that demonstrates that the local health officer has considered the elements described above and includes the local Health Officer recommendation for approving or denying the waiver request.
Granted School District or School Waivers
The school districts and schools below have been granted waivers.
|Holy Angels School||350 Campus Dr.||Arcadia||91007|
|Kadima Day School||7011 Shoup Avenue||West Hills||91307|
|Los Encinos School||17100 Ventura Blvd||Encino||91316|
|Rabbi Jacob Pressman Academy of Temple Beth Am||1039 S. La Cienega Blvd||Los Angeles||90035|
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. Document functionality may be reduced if you are using an earlier version (4.x or less). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.