Want to report a dead bird for West Nile Virus Testing? Click
Veterinarians: To report a
potentially rabid animal, click
Infectious diseases in animals
are legally reportable in Los Angeles County.
See the list of reportable diseases
reports are essential for identifying outbreaks, disease
trends, and new diseases. This information is used to
educate veterinarians, physicians, and others to help protect
the health of animals and people.
Diseases to Report?
1. Rabid Animals - animals suspected of having
5. Dead birds and tree squirrels (for West Nile Virus testing)
6. Outbreak - Many animals becoming ill around the same
time and place
7. Animals/Humans sick with same symptoms, same location
8. Animal diseases not native to area
or unusual animal diseases
9. Any disease on the
How to Report?
Call our office at
(213) 989-7060 or
(877) 747-2243 (in LA County)
Download form (pdf), print, fax in.
Animal Disease and Bite
See two links below. You will be asked to fill out a form on a secure website. You will be prompted by your computer to accept a security alert when you access the form. Click Yes to proceed.
Online Public Reporting
Portal for Professionals
Last updated: June 8, 2017