The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH) maintains this health professionalís website to facilitate easy access to public health resources including information on how to report communicable diseases and how to consult DPH specialists. All comments and suggestions on how to improve this website are welcome.
Los Angeles Health Alert Network (LAHAN)
- Subscribe to receive important public health information for LA health care professionals.
- Visit the LAHAN webpage to see all Health Alerts, Advisories, and Updates on topics such as communicable disease outbreaks, emerging infectious diseases, immunizations, and drug shortages and recalls.
- California law mandates that health care providers report over 85 diseases or conditions to their local health department.
- This page summarizes how professionals can report by disease and includes links to reporting forms, phone numbers and program webpages.
- Phone consultation is available for health care providers weekdays 8:00 am-5:00 pm for all communicable diseases including TB and STD, veterinary public health, and public health laboratory questions.
- During non-business hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) call 213-974-1234 and ask for the physician on call.
DPH Sponsored Training and Education
- Pertussis in California--The New Normal: Recommendations and Resources for Health Care Professionals Webinar (1 credit CME available)
- Measles Update: A Primer for Health Care Providers Webinar (1 credit CME available)
Rx for Prevention Newsletter
- DPH's publication for primary health care professionals provides essential prevention-related information and focuses on practices in clinical medicine that are vital to the overarching goals of prevention and public health
- View the Rx archives , or sign up to receive a copy by email. Providers can also contact us to receive a printed copy in the mail