For CHDP Program
Toll Free #: 1-800-993-2437
1-800-993-CHDP Fax Number:
(626) 569-9350 Email:CHDP@ph.lacounty.gov
9320 Telstar Ave., Suite #226
El Monte, CA 91731
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced.
Child Health and Disability Prevention Program
The CHDP Program provides FREE
comprehensive well-child medical and dental health check-ups for babies, children,
and youth under age 21 with Full Scope Medi-Cal or under age 19 with low family income.
CHDP offers the following services:
• physical exams for school, camp, and sports
• growth, nutrition, and behavioral screening
• Medical specialists, as needed
• Mental and behavioral health services, as needed Diagnosis and
treatment can be paid for as long as your child has Medi-Cal
• support and monitors a network of CHDP providers, referral providers and coordination to follow-up care
• an evaluation of health care status for children in foster care
Who is Eligible?
Babies, children, and youth under the age of 19 with low family income.
No documentation required!
If your child has Medi-Cal, ask your doctor or health plan for CHDP check-ups.
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and
is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition
of the website, which is the official version.