What is the Center’s Action Plan?
The Center for Health Equity Action Plan directs the Center’s activities over six years. It identifies our vision for the future and our pathway there. The first year includes a start-up period and will be followed by five years of implementation.
The plan outlines a set of strategies and actions to focus the work and is a public commitment to achieving a set of defined equity goals. These activities were designed to foster health equity and create partnerships that strive to ensure that everyone in our county can reach optimal health and well-being.
Check out the Action Plan
Translations of our Action Plan are currently available in the
following languages (more to come!):
The Action Plan framework organizes the Center’s work around four strategic priorities to support our main goal of eliminating gaps in health outcomes by addressing the communities most impacted. These strategic priorities will determine how we will do our work across the Health Agency and County of Los Angeles to:
- Provide useful and inclusive data to raise awareness and drive action
- Support policy and systems change that change and prevent unfair practices
- Build public, private and community partnerships to collaborate on efforts that ensure communities have equal access to opportunities needed to thrive
- Strengthen organizational readiness and capacity to reduce gaps in health outcomes
This Action Plan was developed and informed by input gathered from community stakeholders through key informant interviews and forums. The Center held 17 events throughout LA County where community members and other stakeholders provided feedback and recommendations on planned strategies and how the Center can add value to and uplift work that supports health equity in our communities.
To read the Countywide report summarizing feedback from event participants, download the document here.
Below is a map of the community events sponsored by the Center with generous support from community stakeholders.
A special thank you to all the individuals who attended the Center for Health Equity listening sessions between October 2017 and February 2018 and the community forums between September and October 2018.
Community event co-sponsors and planners!
Their co-sponsorship in planning, hosting and speaking at our community events were critical for ensuring diverse voices informed our Action Plan
- Antelope Valley Health Neighborhood
- Antelope Valley Partners for Health
- API Forward
- C2P LA Coalition
- California Community Foundation
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Citrus Valley Health Partners
- City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services
- City of Long Beach Office of Equity
- Community Action for Peace, Willowbrook
- Community Coalition
- Community Health Councils, Inc.
- LA County Department of Public Health, Injury & Violence Prevention Program
- First 5 LA
- Healthy San Gabriel Valley Initiative
- In the Meantime Men
- LA County Chief Executive Office
- LA County Department of Health Services, Whole Person Care Regional Collaboration
- LA County Department of Public Health, Regional Health Offices 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
- LA County Department of Public Health, Trauma Prevention Initiative
- LA County Library
- LA Neighborhood Land Trust
- People for Mobility Justice
- Prevention Institute
- South Gate City Council
- Southern California Grantmakers
- Supervisor Hilda Solis, First District
- Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, Second District
- The LA LGBT Center
- The LA84 Foundation
- The People Concern
- The Wall Las Memorias
- Transgender Service Provider Network
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- Valley Care Community Consortium
- Westside Coalition
- YWCA San Gabriel Valley