About Restaurant & Market Food Safety
Below are information and links related to food safety, restaurant/market ratings, starting a food business and general information for the food businesses the County Environmental Health Division regulates and for the public.
- Cities that have Adopted Grading Ordinance
- Food Facility Closures (last three months)
- Food Facility Ratings (Restaurant/Market)
- Food Recalls
Information For Existing Restaurant
- California Health and Safety Code
- Reference Guide for the Food Official Inspection Report
- Food Safety Advisories
- Food Safety Tools for Success
- FAQs about California Food Handler Card (English)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de Tarjeta de Manejo de Alimentos (California Food Handler Card FAQ - Spanish)
- Chefs, Cooks, and Caterers: Cook Chicken Liver Like It's Chicken (It Is)
- Signage on Smoke-Free Outdoor Dining
- Food Donations
Report a Problem
If you visit a restaurant or retail food market without a proper public health permit or experience unsanitary conditions or to report code violations in Los Angeles County, you may report this issue by calling the Environmental Health Hotline at (888) 700-9995.
If you observe code violations or would like to file a complaint, you may report this issue by Filing a Complaint Online.