Tell Us How We're Doing
File a complaint

Report COVID-19 and public health issues.
Call the Customer Call Center:

Monday - Friday,
8:00AM - 5:00PM

Submit an online complaint

Report a foodborne illness

How to Find Us
County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Environmental Health
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
(888) 700-9995

get adobe reader image

Adobe Reader
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced. Please Click Here


  1. How often are restaurants and markets inspected?
    A facility can be inspected from 1 to 3 times a year. The frequency is based on the public health risk associated with the food products served, the methods of food preparation, and the operational history of the food facility.

  2. How are restaurant and markets graded?
    A copy of the Reference Guide of the Food Official Inspection Report pdf icon is available for download.

  3. Under which laws are restaurants and markets regulated?
    A copy of the California Retail Food Code pdf icon image is available for downloaded.

  4. Which laws grants inspectors the authority to inspect food facilities?
    Authority is granted under California Retail Food Code, Article 2 Enforcement Section 114390.

  5. Where do I report that I got sick eating food from a restaurant?
    A report regarding a suspected food borne illness may be made to the County of Los Angeles Morbidity Unit of Acute Communicable Disease Control at (888) 397-3993 or online at Foodborne Illness Complaint page.

  6. What options are available if permit holders are dissatisfied with their inspection?

    • Restaurant and market owners have an opportunity to improve their grades by requesting an Owner Initiated Inspection (OII). An OII may be requested once in a twelve month period
    • Permit holders may request that their inspection reports be reviewed by a supervisor at the local Environmental Health office
    • The Office of the Ombudsman is available to assist in addressing concerns involving issuance of grades / scores or with inspection process. The Office of the Ombudsman may be contacted at (626) 430-5172.

Pay for your Public Health
Permit or License
To pay for your Public Health Permit and/or License using your Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover), Debit Card, or Electronic Check (ECheck), please visit our Payment Portal .

A convenience fee per transaction will apply. The convenience fee for Credit/Debit Cards is 2.22% with a $1.49 minimum. Electronic Check fees are only $0.49. Please have your Account ID and your Facility ID numbers from your billing statement ready. Payment will only be accepted online for the total amount owed on an account. Terms and Conditions apply. For more information about Permit and License Billing, please visit our Payment information page .
Areas of Interest
Popular Links
Director of Environmental Health
Liza Frias
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services