Medical Marijuana Program in Los Angeles County
About the Medical Marijuana Program (MMP)
- The California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP) was established to create a state-authorized medical marijuana identification card (MMIC), along with a registry database for verification of qualified patients and their primary caregivers. Participation by patients and primary caregivers in this MMICP is voluntary.
- MMP assists qualified patients and their primary caregivers with applications processing within the County of Los Angeles.
- Qualified patients are exempted from state sales tax if they present a valid MMIC issued by CDPH at the time of retail medical cannabis products purchase.
What We Do
- Accepts and reviews applications for qualified patients and their caregivers.
- Notifies the state when qualified patients and their caregivers have submitted all the required documents and are ready to receive their medical identification cards.
- Distributes the medical identification cards to appropriate patients and their caregivers once they are received from the state.
Areas We Serve
Residents from Los Angeles County can apply for a medical marijuana ID card. Residents outside of Los Angeles County can contact their local government agency.
Package includes the followings:
- Non-refundable application fee (Acceptable form of payment is money order, or cashier’s check, made payable to County of Los Angeles)
- Passport color photo taken within one month (For Mail Submittal)
- Application/Renewal (CDPH-9042)
- Physician Attestation
- Medical documentation or Written Documentation of Patient’s Medical Records (CDPH-9044)
- Acknowledgement Form
- Proof of Los Angeles County residency (Copy of current rent/mortgage agreement, California DMV vehicle registration, or recent utility bill. Please note P.O. Box address is not acceptable)
- Government issued photo identification (Valid and original government issued photo)
- If applicable, original Medi-Cal or Los Angeles County Medical Services (No Cost/Low cost Health Care) Program card
|Applicant||Without Caregiver||1 Caregiver||2 Caregivers||3 Caregivers|
|County Medical Services Program (CMSP)||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
|Emergency Medi-Cal Beneficiary||$100.00||$200.00||$300.00||$400.00|
|Emergency County Medical Services Program (CMSP)||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
|Regular w/o Caregiver||$100.00|
|Regular w/ 1 Caregiver||$200.00|
|Regular w/ 2 Caregivers||$300.00|
|Regular w/ 3 Caregivers||$400.00|
|Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/o Caregiver||$50.00|
|Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 1 Caregiver||$100.00|
|Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 2 Caregivers||$150.00|
|Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 3 Caregivers||$200.00|
|County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/o Caregiver||$0.00|
|County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 1 Caregiver||$0.00|
|County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 2 Caregivers||$0.00|
|County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 3 Caregivers||$0.00|
|Emergency Regular w/o Caregiver||$200.00|
|Emergency Regular w/ 1 Caregiver||$400.00|
|Emergency Regular w/ 2 Caregivers||$600.00|
|Emergency Regular w/ 3 Caregivers||$800.00|
|Emergency Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/o Caregiver||$100.00|
|Emergency Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 1 Caregiver||$200.00|
|Emergency Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 2 Caregivers||$300.00|
|Emergency Medi-Cal Beneficiary w/ 3 Caregivers||$400.00|
|Emergency County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/o Caregiver||$0.00|
|Emergency County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 1 Caregiver||$0.00|
|Emergency County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 2 Caregivers||$0.00|
|Emergency County Medical Services Program (CMSP) w/ 3 Caregivers||$0.00|
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following locations:
Report a Problem
If your card is lost, damaged or stolen, please notify the Medical Marijuana Program at (866) 621-2204. To obtain a new card, an application will need to be submitted and fees paid. Should you have any other questions, please contact us Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.