PUBLIC HEALTH STAFF PUBLICATIONS
- Allen D, Abresch C. Confronting Adversity: MCH Responds to ACEs. Matern Child Health J. 2018 Mar;22(3):283-287.
- Allen D, Molnar BE, Lees KE, Roper K, Byars N, Méndez-Peñate L,et al. Enhancing Early Childhood Mental Health Primary Care Services: Evaluation of MA Project LAUNCH. Matern Child Health J. 2018 Jun 16. doi: 10.1007/s10995-018-2548-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Brunjes ME, Kuo T, Sagar S, Adem SM, Struchen B, Loughran SP, et al. Comparison of radiofrequency electromagnetic field exposure levels in different
everyday microenvironments in an international context. Environ Int. 2018 Mar 9;114:297-306. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2018.02.036. [Epub ahead of print]
- Baldwin SB, Cui Y, Singhal R, Nonzee NJ. Disparities in parental human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine awareness and uptake
among adolescents. Vaccine.2018 Feb 28;36(10):1243-1247.
- Balter S, Tan S, Makela S, Heller D, Konty K, Zheng T, Stark JH. A Bayesian evidence synthesis approach to estimate disease prevalence in hard-to-reach populations: hepatitis C in New York City. Epidemics. 2018 Jun;23:96-109.
- Buono SA, Basurto-Davila R, Godwin HA, Green NM. Economic Assessment of Reverse Algorithm Syphilis Screening in a High Prevalence Population. Sex Transm Dis. 2018 Jun 4. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000000875. [Epub ahead of print]
- Croker C, Hathaway S, Marutani A, Hernandez M, Cadavid C, Rajagopalan S, Hwang B, Kim M. Outbreak of Hepatitis A Virus Infection Among Adult Patients of a Mental Hospital - Los Angeles County, 2017. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018 Jul;39(7):881.
- DeFosset AR, Gase LN,Kuo T, Lu C, Bell R. Distribution, characteristics, and level of community awareness and use of formal
shared use sites in Los Angeles. Prev Med. 2018 Mar 6;111:163-169. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2018.02.030. [Epub ahead of print]
- DeFosset AR, Gase LN, Kuo T, Kwan A, Rizik-Baer D, Gutierrez L. Implementing a Healthy Food Distribution Program: A Supply Chain Strategy to Increase Fruit and Vegetable Access in Underserved Areas. Prev Chronic Dis. May 24;15:E61. doi: 10.5888/pcd15.170291
- Diaz-Decaro JD, Green NM, Godwin HA. Critical evaluation of FDA-approved respiratory multiplex assays for public health surveillance. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2018 Jun 19:1-13. doi: 10.1080/14737159.2018.1487294. [Epub ahead of print]
- Diaz-Decaro JD, Green NM, Launer B, Mckinnell JA, Singh R, Dutciuc TD, Bolaris M, Huang SS, Miller LG. Bayesian evidence and epidemiological implications of environmental contamination from acute respiratory infection in long-term care facilities. Epidemiol Infect. 2018 May;146(7):832-838.
- Foo C, Croker C, Ngo V, Civen R, Nelson K, Maina AN, Brisco A, et. al. A 2015 outbreak of flea-borne rickettsiosis in San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles County, California. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2018 Apr 20;12(4):e0006385.
- Kerndt P, Chang A. Multicenter study of QuantiFERON®-TB Gold Plus in patients with active tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2018 Jun 1;22(6):617-621. doi: 10.5588/ijtld.17.0721.
- Kim T, Guerrero EG, Song A, Henwood B, Kong Y. Response to culturally competent drug treatment among homeless persons with
different living arrangements. Eval Program Plann. 2018 Feb;66:63-69.
- Kim T, Cousins SJ, Crevecoeur-MacPhail D, Rawsn RA. The Los Angeles County hub-and-provider network for promoting the sustained use
of extended-release naltrexone (XR-NTX) in Los Angeles County (2010-2015). J Subst Abuse Treat. 2018 Feb;85:78-83.
- Kuo T, Arangua L, Garcia AN, Perez-Stable EJ. Factors Associated With Medical School Graduates' Intention to Work With
Underserved Populations: Policy Implications for Advancing Workforce Diversity. Acad Med. 2018 Jan;93(1):82-89.
- Kuo T, Barragan NC, Readhead H. Public Health Investment in Team Care: Increasing Access to Clinical Preventive
Services in Los Angeles County. Front Public Health. 2018 Feb 8;6:17.
- Kuo T, Zheng H, Patel M, Thai CL, Meng YY, Dietsch B, McCarthy WJ. Smoke-Free Car Legislation and Student Exposure to Smoking.Pediatrics. 2018 Jan;141(Suppl 1):S40-S50.
- Marquez P, Bhaurla S, Moran M, Pandes L, Terashita D, McKinnell JA, et al. Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Detection Practices in California: What
Are We Missing? Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar 19;66(7):1061-1067.
- Mosst, J. Prevention Diaries. Health Promot Pract. 2018 Mar 1:1524839918759527. doi: 10.1177/1524839918759527.
[Epub ahead of print]
- Murphy R, Llata E, Braxton J, Asbel L, Kerani RP, Pugsley R, et New Human Immunodeficiency Virus diagnoses among Men Who Have Sex with Men
attending STD clinics, STD Surveillance Network, January 2010 to June 2013. Sex Transm Dis. 2018 Feb 7. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000000802. [Epub ahead of print]
- Oksuzyan S, Amoon AT, Crespi CM, Arah OA, Cockburn M, Vergara X, Kheifets L. Residential mobility and childhood leukemia. Environ Res. 2018 Mar 22;164:459-466. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2018.03.016. [Epub
ahead of print]
- Oksuzyan S, Hsu S, Cloud J, Jewell MP, Shah N, Smith LV, Frye D, Kuo T, Zheng G. Self-Reported Interest to Participate in a Health Survey if Different Amounts of Cash or Non-Monetary Incentive Types Were Offered. J Urban Health. 2018 Apr 13. doi: 10.1007/s11524-018-0237-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pratt FD, Noorian AR, Sanossian N, Shkirkova K, Liebeskind DS, Eckstein M, et al. Los Angeles Motor Scale to Identify Large Vessel Occlusion: Prehospital
Validation and Comparison With Other Screens. Stroke. 2018 Mar;49(3):565-572
- Pratt FD, Chung PW, Kim JT, Sanossian N, Starkmann S, Hamilton S, et al. Association Between Hyperacute Stage Blood Pressure Variability and Outcome in
Patients With Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Stroke. 2018 Feb;49(2):348-354.
- Reporter R, Gambino-Shirley K, Stevenson L, Concepción-Acevedo J, Trees E, Wagner D, et al. Flea market finds and global exports: Four multistate outbreaks of human
Salmonella infections linked to small turtles, United States-2015. Zoonoses Public Health. 2018 Mar 25. doi: 10.1111/zph.12466. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robles B, Kuo T, Wang MC, Crespi CM, Jiang LH, Nobari T, et al. Developing an index of dose of exposure to early childhood obesity community
interventions.Prev Med. 2018 Mar 6;111:135-141. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2018.02.036. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shih M, Boothe VL, Fierro LA, Laurent A. Sub-County Life Expectancy: A Tool to Improve Community Health and Advance Health
Equity. Prev Chronic Dis. 2018 Jan 25;15:E11.
- Tamerin S, Geiger J, Morton B, Vasconcelos EJR, Tngrian M, et al. Molecular Characterization of Tandem Repeat Protein 36 Gene of Ehrlichia canis Detected in Naturally Infected Dogs from Peru. Am J Trop Med Hyg.
- Walter L, Dumke K, Oliva A, Caesar E, Phillips Z, Lehman N, Aragon L, Simon P, Kuo T. From Tobacco to Obesity Prevention Policies: A Framework for Implementing Community-Driven Policy Change. Health Promot Pract. 2018 Apr 1:1524839918760843. doi: 10.1177/1524839918760843. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wickramasekaran RN, Kuo T, Robles B, Dewey G. Evaluating the Potential Health and Revenue Outcomes of a 100% Healthy Vending Machine Nutrition Policy at a Large Agency in Los Angeles County, 2013-2015. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2018 May/Jun;24(3):215-224
- Wohl AR, Padilla M, Mattson CL, Scheer S, Udeagu CN, Buskin SE, et al. Locating People Diagnosed With HIV for Public Health Action: Utility of HIV Case
Surveillance and Other Data Sources. Public Health Rep. 2018 Mar/Apr;133(2):147-154.
- Adams RM, Rivard H, Eisenman DP. Who Participates in Building Disaster Resilient Communities: A Cluster-Analytic Approach. J Public Health Manag Pract.
- Baldwin SB, Stoklosha H. Health professional education on trafficking: the facts matter. Lancet.2017 Oct 7;390(10103):1641-1642.
- Baldwin SB, Cui Y, Singhal R, Nonzee NJ. Disparities in parental humanpapillomavirus (HPV) vaccine awareness and uptake among adolescents. Vaccine2017 Sep 26. pii: S0264-410X(17)31134-9.
- Barragan NC, DeFosset AR, Torres J, Kuo T. Pharmacist-Driven Strategies for
Hypertension Management in Los Angeles: A Community and Stakeholder Needs Assessment, 2014-2015. Prev Chronic Dis. 2017 Jul 6;14:E54.
- Barragan NC, Moschetti K, Smith LV, Sorvillo F, Kuo T. Differential declines in syphilis-related mortality in the United States, 2000-2014.Am J Infect
Control.2017 Apr 1;45(4):417-420.
- Basurto-Dávila R, Meltzer MI, Mills DA, Beeler Asay GR, Cho BH, et al. School-Based Influenza Vaccination: Health and Economic Impact of
Maine's 2009 Influenza Vaccination Program. Health Serv Res. 2017 Dec;52 Suppl 2:2307-2330.:76-84.
- Bendetson J, Dierst-Davies R, Flynn R, Beymer MR, Wohl AR, Amico KR, Bolan RK. Evaluation of a Client-Centered Linkage Intervention for Patients Newly Diagnosed
with HIV at an Urban United States LGBT Center: The Linkage to Care Specialist Project. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2017 Jul;31(7):283-289.
- Chung EQ, De Rosa CJ, Donatello RA, Moulton BD, Viola R, Rohrbach LA, Afifi AA. Patterns of Sexual Experience Among Urban Latino and African American Ninth
Grade Students. J Sex Res.2017 May -Jun;54(4-5):619-630.
- Dierst-Davies R, Wohl AR, Pinney G, Johnson CH, Vincent-Jones C, Pérez
MJ. Methods to Obtain a Representative Sample of Ryan White-Funded Patients for a
Needs Assessment in Los Angeles County: Results from a Replicable Approach. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2017 Jul/Aug;16(4):383-395.
- DeFosset AR, Gase LN, Webber E, Kuo T. Early Impacts of a Healthy Food Distribution Program on the Availability and Price of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables in Small Retail Venues in Los Angeles. J Community Health. 2017 Mar 18. doi: 10.1007/s10900-017-0329-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- DeFosset A, Gase LN, Ijadi-Maghsoodi R, Kuo T. Youths’ descriptions of mental health needs and experiences with school-based services: Identifying ways to better meet the needs of low-income adolescents. J Healthcare Poor Underserved 2017;28:1191-1207. DOI: 10.1353/hpu.2017.0105.
- DeFosset AR, Schooley T, Abrams LS, Kuo T, Gase LN. Describing theoretical underpinnings in juvenile justice diversion: Explicating teen court program theory to guide research and practice." Child Youth Serv Rev. 2017;73:419-429. (Epub 2017 Jan 12).
- Du Y, Shih M, Lightstone AS, Baldwin S. Hypertension among Asians in Los Angeles County: Findings from a multiyear survey. Prev Med Rep. 2017 Mar 24;6:302-306
- Ehnert K, Oiulfstad B, Balsamo G, Maxted AM, Midla JW, Murphy JM, et al. Compendium of Measures to Control Chlamydia psittaci Infection Among Humans(Psittacosis) and Pet Birds (Avian Chlamydiosis), 2017 J Avian Med Surg 2017 Sep;31(3):262-282
- Esquival S, Bustos HM, Angeles P. Commentary on: "Leisure Participation Patterns of Children With Movement Impairments in New Zealand". Pediatr Phys Ther. 2017 Jan;29(1):22.
- Garcia A, Baethke L, Kaur JS. Lessons Learned from Native C.I.R.C.L.E., a Culturally Specific Resource. J Cancer Educ.2017 Dec;32(4):740-744.
- Garcia A, Kuo T, Arangua L, Pérez-Stable EJ. Factors associated with graduating medical students’ intention to work with underserved populations: Policy implications for achieving workforce diversity. Acad Med 2017 Epub ahead of print, 2017 Sep 14. DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000001917.
- Gase LN, Gomez LM, Kuo T, Glenn BA, Inkelas M, Ponce NA. Relationships Among Student, Staff, and Administrative Measures of School Climate and Student Health
and Academic Outcomes. J Sch Health.2017 May;87(5):319-328.
- Gase LN, DeFosset AR, Gakh M, Harris C, Weisman SR, Dannenberg AL. Review of Education-Focused Health Impact Assessments Conducted in the United States. J Sch Health. 2017 Dec;87(12):911-922.
- Gase LN, Schooley T, Lee M, Rotakhina S, Vick J, Caplan J. A Practice-Grounded Approach for Evaluating Health in All Policies Initiatives in the United States. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2017 Jul/Aug;23(4):339-347.
- Gase L, S Barnert E, S Abrams L, Maxson C, Soung P, Carroll P, Bath E. Setting a minimum age for juvenile justice jurisdiction in California Int J Prison Health. 2017 Mar 13;13(1):49-56.
- Green NM, Buono SA, Godwin HA. Comparing three treponemal tests for syphilis screening. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017 Nov;89(3):173-177.
- Green N, Morlock GP, Tyrrell FC, Baynham D, Escuyer VE, et al. Using Reduced Inoculum Densities of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in MGIT Pyrazinamide Susceptibility
Testing to Prevent False-Resistant Results and Improve Accuracy: A Multicenter Evaluation. Tuberc Res Treat.2017;2017:3748163.
- Gunzenhauser JD, Pratt FD. The Diversity of Challenges in the Control of Measles Outbreaks. Health Secur. 2017 May/Jun;15(3):303-306
- Guevara RE, Colson AJ, Vrendendburgh L, Rangel NP, Kloock CT, Lauera A. Large-Scale Land Development, Fugitive Dust, and Increased Coccidioidomycosis Incidence in the Antelope Valley of California, 1999-2014. Mycopathologia. 2017 Jun;182(5-6):439-458
- Johnson E, Sanchez K, Singhal R, Steinberg J, et al. Implementation of HPV vaccination guidelines in a diverse population in Los Angeles: Results from an environmental
scan of local HPV resources and needs. Vaccine.2017 Sep 5;35(37):4930-4935.
- Kajita E, Luarca MZ, Wu H, Hwang B, Mascola L. Harnessing Syndromic Surveillance Emergency Department Data to Monitor Health Impacts During the 2015
Special Olympics World Games. Public Health Rep.2017 Jul/Aug;132(1_suppl):99S-105S.
- Kamali A, Hameed H, Shih M, Simon P. Turning the Curve on Obesity Prevalence Among Fifth Graders in the Los Angeles Unified School District, 2001-2013. Prev Chronic Dis. 2017 Feb 16;14:E16.
- Kamali A, Green NM, Civen R, Schwartz B, Tovar Padua L, et al. Unique Case of Disseminated Plague With Multifocal Osteomyelitis.J Pediatric
Infect Dis Soc.2017 Sep 1;6(3):e165-e168.
- Khuu D, Eberhard ML, Bristow BN, Javanbakht M, Ash LR. Malaria-Related Hospitalizations in the United States, 2000-2014. Am J Trop Med
Hyg. 2017 Jul;97(1):213-221. doi: 10.4269
- Kim JT, Chung PW, Starkman S, Sanossian N, Stratton SJ, et al. Field Validation of the Los Angeles Motor Scale as a Tool for Paramedic Assessment of Stroke Severity. Stroke2017 Feb;48(2):298-306
- Kim T, Cousins SJ, Crèvecoeur-MacPhail D, Rawson RA. The Los Angeles County hub-and-provider network for promoting the sustained use of extended-release naltrexone (XR-NTX) in Los Angeles County (2010-2015).
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2017 Mar 10. pii: S0740-5472(16)30405-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jsat.2017.02.011. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kuo T, Winig BD. Framework for Shared Use Workgroup. A public health law analysis of shared use agreements in Los Angeles County, 2010-2014. California J Health Promot. 2017;15(2):69-74.
- Kuo T, Patel M, Thai CL, Meng YY, Zheng H, Dietsch B, McCarthy WJ. Smoke-Free Car Legislation and Student Exposure to Smoking.Pediatrics. 2018 Jan;141(Suppl 1):S40-S50
- Magana A, Williams M, Kim B, McCreary M, Chandra A, Wells KB, et al. How Do Communities Use a Participatory Public Health Approach to Build
Resilience? The Los Angeles County Community Disaster Resilience Project. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017 Oct 21;14(10). pii: E1267.
- Marquez P, Bhaurla S, Moran M, Pandes L, Terashita D, et al. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) detection practices in California: What are we missing? Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Nov 1. doi: 10.1093/cid/cix942. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mobasher Z, Smith LV, Stegall A, Bressler-Montgomery D, Dominguez D, et al. Community-based Flu Outreach Clinics in South Los Angeles: Client Satisfaction and Experiences. Public Health Nurs.2017 Feb 9.
- Mosst JT, DeFosset A, Gase L, Baetscher L, Kuo T. A Framework for Implementing the National Diabetes Prevention Program in Los Angeles County. Prev Chronic Dis. 2017 Aug 24;14:E69
- Naghdi A, Brady KA, Storm DS, Frederick T, Fridge J, et al. Perinatal HIV Exposure Surveillance and Reporting in the United States, 2014. Public Health Rep. 2017 Jan/Feb;132(1):76-84.
- Plant A, Montoya JA, Tyree R, Aragon L, Weber M, et al. The Break Up: Evaluation of an Anti-Smoking Educational Campaign for Lesbians, Gays, and Bisexuals in Los Angeles County. J Health Commun. 2017 Jan;22(1):29-36.
- Reading SR, Porter KR, Slezak JM, Harrison TN, Gelfond JS, Chien GW, Jacobsen SJ. Racial and Ethnic Variation in Health-Related Quality of Life Scores Prior to Prostate Cancer Treatment. Sex Med. 2017 Dec;5(4):e219-e228.
- Rosales M, Borrayo EA, Gonzalez P. Entertainment-Education Narrative Versus Nonnarrative Interventions to Educate and Motivate Latinas to Engage in
Mammography Screening. Health Educ Behav. 2017 Jun;44(3):394-402.
- Robles B, Kuo T, Predictors of public support for nutrition-focused policy, systems and environmental change strategies in Los Angeles County, 2013. BMJ Open. 2017 Jan 13;7(1):e012654
- Robles B, Kuo T. Comparing Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use with or without Including Prayer as a Modality in a Local and Diverse United States Jurisdiction. Front Public Health. 2017 Mar 21;5:56. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2017.00056. eCollection 2017.
- Robles B, Kuo T, Montes CE, Nobari TZ, Wang, MC. Dietary Behaviors among Public Health Center Clients with Electronic Benefit Transfer Access at Farmers' Markets. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017 Jan;117(1):58-68
- Robles B, Kuo T, Liu J, Jiang L, Whaley SE. Food and drink consumption among 1-5-year-old Los Angeles County children from households receiving dual SNAP and WIC v. only WIC benefits. Public Health Nutr. 2017 Oct;20(14):2478-2485.
- Schwartz B, Kleinbaum DG, Suchdev PS, Faruque AS, Das SK, Owais A, Rahman S, Stein AD. A Nutrition Education Program in Rural Bangladesh Was Associated with Improved Feeding Practices but Not with Child Growth. J Nutr. 2017 Mar 15. pii: jn243956. doi: 10.3945/jn.116.243956. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shi L, MacLeod KE, Zhang D, Wang F, Chao MS. Travel distance to prenatal care and high blood pressure during pregnancy.Hypertens Pregnancy.2017 Feb;36(1):70-76.
- Simon P, Kuo T, Hales CM, Carrol MD, Ogden CL.Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control among adults >18 years – Los Angeles County, 1999-2006 and 2007-2014. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017;66(32):846-849.
- Smith LV, Frye D, Family L, Scott J, King JB., et all. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training of High-Risk Teens in the Community of Watts, South Los Angeles, 2013-2014. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2017 Oct;11(5):605-609.
- Torres J. Introduction to Global Health Promotion. Health Promot Pract. 2017 Mar;18(2):165-168.
- Tsai J, Sternfeld I, Perras N. Suicides among male veterans and civilians in Los Angeles County, 2010-2011. Military Behavioral Health 21 Jun 2017, Published online: 12 Jul 2017.
- Wickramasekaran RN, Kuo T, Robles B, Dewey G. Does Sodium Knowledge Affect Dietary Choices and Health Behaviors? Results From a Survey of Los Angeles County Residents. Prev Chronic Dis. 2017 Nov 22;14:E120
- Wickramasekaran RN, Jewell MP, Sorvillo F, Kuo T. The changing trends and profile of pneumocystosis mortality in the United States, 1999-2014. Mycoses 2017 Sep;60(9):607-615.
- Wohl AR, Benbow N, Tejero J, Johnson C, Scheer S., et al. Antiretroviral Prescription and Viral Suppression in a Representative Sample of HIV-Infected Persons in Care in 4 Large
Metropolitan Areas of the United States, Medical Monitoring Project, 2011-2013. JAcquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Oct 1;76(2):158-170.
- Wohl AR, Ludwig-Barron N, Dierst-Davies R, Kulkarni S, Bendetson J, et al. Project Engage: Snowball Sampling and Direct Recruitment to Identify and Link Hard-to-Reach HIV-Infected Persons who are Out of Care.
2017 Jun 1;75(2):190-197.
- Zheng G, Family L, Hsu S, Rivera J, Mondy C, Cloud J, Frye D, Smith LV, Kuo T. Prediabetes diabetes and other CVD-related conditions among Asian populations in Los Angeles County 2014. Ethnic Health 2017 Epub ahead of print, 2017 Sep 4. DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1373076.
- Alkon, A, Keens TG, Stastny PF. Supporting SIDS Families: The Public Health Nurse SIDS Home Visit. Public Health Nurs. 2016 May;33(3):242-8
- Bagby R, Reporter R, Kimura A, Harrison C, Ajileye K, Borders J, Crocker K, et all. Outbreaks of Salmonellosis From Small Turtles. Pediatrics 2016 Jan;137(1):1-9.
- Barragan NC, Moschetti K, Smith LV, Sorvillo F, Kuo T. Differential declines in syphilis-related mortality in the United States, 2000-2014 Am J Infect Control 2016 Dec 20. pii: S0196-6553(16)31012-4
- Bingham T, Murrill CS, , Lauby J, Liu KL, Wheeler D, Carballo-Diéguez, A, Marks G, Millett GA.Respondent-Driven Sampling in a Multi-Site Study of Black and Latino Men Who Have Sex with Men.
J Natl Med Assoc. 2016 Feb;108(1):69-76.
- Chang AH, Ghosh JK, Kerndt PR,Shin SS, Dubé MP, Bolan R, Yang OO. Isoniazid therapy for Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in HIV clinics, Los Angeles, California. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016 Jul;20(7):961-6
- Chao SM, Wakeel F, Nazinyan Y, Sun S. Does Preconception Health Differ by Nativity?: Findings from the Los Angeles Mommy and Baby (LAMB) Study.
Matern Child Health J. 2016 Jan 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chu S, Terashita D, English L, Chen W, Xu HH, Warner WA, Kuang SN, Hernandez R, Chong MC, Ewing PJ, Fleischer J, Meng J. Molecular characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Acinetobacter baumannii isolates obtained from two hospital outbreaks in Los Angeles County, California, USA. BMC Infect Dis. 2016 May 4;16(1):194
- Civen R, Marin M, Zhang J, Abraham A, Harpaz R, Mascola L, Bialek SR. Update on Incidence of Herpes Zoster Among Children and Adolescents After Implementation of Varicella Vaccination, Antelope Valley, CA, 2000 to 2010. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2016 Oct;35(10):1132-6.
- Civen R, Mascola L, Perella D, Wang C, Viner K, Kuguru K, Daskalaki I, Schmid DS, Lopez AS, Tseng HF, Newbern EC, Bialek SR. Varicella Vaccine Effectiveness in Preventing Community Transmission in the 2-Dose Era. Pediatrics 2016 Apr;137(4). pii: e20152802
- De Rosa CJ, Chung EQ, Donatello RA, Moulton BD, Viola R, Rohrbach LA, Afifi AA.
Patterns of Sexual Experience Among Urban Latino and African American Ninth Grade Students.
J Sex Res. 2016 May 2:1-12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Eisenman DP,Cha BS, Lawrence RI, Bliss JC, Wells KB, Chandra A.
The Road to Resilience: Insights on Training Community Coalitions in the Los Angeles County Community Disaster Resilience ProjectDisaster Med Public Health Prep. 2016 Aug 11:1-10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Garcia A, Baethke L, Kaur JS.
Lessons Learned from Native C.I.R.C.L.E., a Culturally Specific Resource.
J Cancer Educ 2016 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gase LN, Barragan NC, Simon PA, Jackson RJ, Kuo T.
Public awareness of and support for infrastructure changes designed to increase walking and biking in Los Angeles County.
Prev Med. 2015 Mar;72:70-5.
- Gase LN, Schooley T, DeFosset A, Stoll, MA, Kuo T.
The Impact of Teen Courts on Youth Outcomes: A Systematic Review.
Adolescent Res Rev 2016;1:51–67
- Gase LN, Schooley T, Lee M, Rotakhina S, Vick J, Caplan J.
A Practice-Grounded Approach for Evaluating Health in All Policies Initiatives in the United States.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2016 Sep 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gase, L.N., Glenn, B.A., Gomez, L.M. et al. Understanding Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Arrest: The Role of Individual, Home, School, and Community Characteristics..
Race and Social Problems. 2016;8: 296
- Gonzales S, Shen E.
"Commentary on "Effets of Ankle-Foot Orthoses on Community-Based Walking in Cerebral Palsy: A Clinical Pilot Study."
Pediatric Physical Therapy 2016 Summer 28(2):186
- Green N, Petterson J, York V, Ward P, She R.
The value of a multiplexed gastrointestinal pathogen panel in 2 distinct patient populations.
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015 Dec 30. doi:pii: S0732-8893(15)00470-8.
- Green NM, Yang S, Hemarajata P, Hindler J, Ward K, Adisetiyo H, Li F, Aldrovandi GM, Russell D, Rubin Z, Humphries RM.
Investigation of a suspected nosocomial transmission of blaKPC3-mediated carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae by whole genome sequencing.
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016 Apr;84(4):337-42
- Haruty B, Friedman J, Hopp S, Daniels R, Pregler J.
Reproductive health and the environment: Counseling patients about risks.
Cleve Clin J Med. 2016 May;83(5):367-72.
- Ho A, Hameed H, Lee AW, Shih M.
Potential Gains in Life Expectancy from Reductions in Leading Causes of Death, Los Angeles County: a Quantitative Approach to Identify Candidate Diseases for Prevention and Burden Disparities Elimination.
J Racial Ethn Health Disparities. 2016 Sep;3(3):431-43
- Kim T, Frimpong JA, Guerrero EG, Kong Y.
Abstinence at Successful Discharge in Publicly Funded Addiction Health Services.
J Behav Health Serv Res. 2016 Feb 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kuo T, Gase, L, DeFosset A, Gonzalez E.
Access to and Use of Schools for Physical Activity Among Adults in Los Angeles County.
Health Promotion Practice May 2016 Vol. 17, No. (3) 416–428
- Kuo T, Smith LV, Arah OA, Nianogo, RA.
Associations between self-perception of weight, food choice intentions, and consumer response to calorie information: a retrospective investigation of public health center clients in Los Angeles County before the implementation of menu-labeling regulation.
BMC Public Health 2016 Jan 22;16(1):60
- Kuo T, Cummings PL, Javanbakht M, Shafir S, Wang M, Sorvillo F.
Salmonellosis Hospitalizations in the United States: Associated Chronic Conditions, Costs, and Hospital Outcomes, 2011, Trends 2000-2011.
Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2016 Jan;13(1):40-8.
- Montoya JA, Plant A, Tyree R, Aragon L, Weber M, Le Veque M, Anderson CM, Soler RE, Kent C.
The Break Up: Evaluation of an Anti-Smoking Educational Campaign for Lesbians, Gays, and Bisexuals in Los Angeles County.
J Health Commun. 2016 Dec 14:1-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ortego,J, Spelic D, Hilohi M, Farris K, Eicholtz G, Elee J, Kaus G.
The Nationwide Evaluation of X-Ray Trends, Part I: More Than 40 Years of Surveying the US Radiology Practice.
J Am Coll Radiol. 2016 Jun;13(6):713-5
- Rajagopalan S.
Tuberculosis in Older Adults.
Clin Geriatr Med. 2016 Aug;32(3):479-91
- Rabin L, Dittbenner L, Sarreal A, Sarreal J.
Commentary on "Modified Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy as Home-Based Intervention for Children With Cerebal Palsy."
Pediatric Physical Therapy
2016 Summer 28(2):161
- Rood MP, Osikowicz LM, Billeter SA, Rizzo MF, Freeman AN, Burns JE, Hu R, Juieng P, Loparev V, Kosoy M.
Distribution and Diversity of Bartonella washoensis Strains in Ground Squirrels from California and Their Potential Link to Human Cases.
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2016 Oct 5.
- Rosales M, Borrayo EA,Gonzalez P.
Entertainment-Education Narrative Versus Nonnarrative Interventions to Educate and Motivate Latinas to Engage in Mammography Screening.
Health Educ Behav. 2016 Aug 23. doi:pii: 1090198116665624. [Epub ahead of print]
- Silvaggio JL, Epson EE, Cronquist A, Lamba K, Kimura AC, Hassan R, Selvage D, McNeil CS, Varan AK, Fan L, Tong X, Spradling PR.
Risk factors for hospitalisation and associated costs among patients with hepatitis A associated with imported pomegranate arils, United States, 2013.
Public Health 2016 May 3. doi:pii: S0033-3506(16)30014-2.
- Stahlman S, Plant A, Javanbakht M, Cross J, Montoya JA, Bolan R, Kerndt PR.
Acceptable interventions to reduce syphilis transmission among high-risk men who have sex with men in Los Angeles. Am J Public Health. 2015 Mar;105(3):e88-94
- Torres, J.
Measure Up Pressure Down: Provider Toolkit to Improve Hypertension Control.Health Promot Pract. 2016 May;17(3):317-319
- Whaley SE, Liu J, Kuo T, Jiang L, Robles B.
Food and drink consumption among 1-5-year-old Los Angeles County children from households receiving dual SNAP and WIC v. only WIC benefits.
Public Health Nutr. 2016 Sep 9:1-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yue Y, Wu B, Mao Z.
Self-reported functional and general health status among older respondents in China: the impact of age, gender, and place of residence
Asia Pac J Public Health 2015 Mar;27(2):NP2220-31.
- Barragan N, Gase L, Butler R, Smith L2, Simon P, Kuo T. Self-reported use of supplemental nutrition assistance program benefits to purchase soda in a public health center population: los angeles county, california, 2012 Public Health Rep 2015 May-Jun;130(3):207-12
- Barragan NC, Chang M, Felderman J, Readhead H, Kuo T. A case study of a hepatitis B screening and blood pressure
assessment program in Los Angeles County, 2012-2013 Prev Chronic Dis. 2015 Feb 12;12:E19. doi: 10.5888/pcd12.140373
- Basurto-Davila R,Lorick SA, Goldberg L, Zhang F, Birkhimer N, Dube N, Dutram K, Hubley T, Tipton M, Graitcer S, Mills DA. Factors associated with uptake of the Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 monovalent pandemic vaccine in K-12 Public Schools, Maine 2009-2010. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr;21(2):186-95.
- Bingham T,Paz-Bailey G, Smith A, Masciotra S, Zhang W, Flynn C, German D, Al-Tayyib A, Magnus M, LaLota M, Rose CE, Owen SM. Early HIV Infections Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Five Cities in the United States. AIDS Behav. 2015 Dec;19(12):2304-10
- Bishop N, Smith BA, Prieto N. Commentary on: "Standing Programs to Promote Hip Flexibility in Children With Spastic Diplegic Cerebral Palsy". Pediatr Phys Ther 2015 Fall;27(3):249
- Bui K, Smith KA, Macias K, Betz CL. Brief Report: Adolescents' Reasons for Participating in a Health Care Transition Intervention Study. J Pediatr Nurs.
- Chao SM, Higgins C, Patel S, Bhatia N, Crespi CM. Association of Mothers' Perception of Neighborhood Quality and Maternal Resilience with Risk of Preterm Birth. Int J Environ Res Public Health.2015 Aug 12;12(8):9427-43
- Cheung S, Wang HL, Mascola L, Nelson El Amin A, Pannaraj PS. Parental perceptions and predictors of consent for school-located influenza vaccination in urban elementary school children in the United States.
Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2015 Jun 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Croker C. Challenges and opportunities in detecting Taenia solium tapeworm carriers in Los Angeles County California, 2009-2014.J Epidemiol Glob Health 2015 Mar 23. pii: S2210-6006(15)00033-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dierst-Davies R, Wohl AR, Pinney G, Johnson CH, Vincent-Jones C, Pérez MJ. Methods to Obtain a Representative Sample of Ryan White-Funded Patients for a Needs Assessment in Los Angeles County: Results from a Replicable Approach. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2015 Jul 2. pii: 2325957415592476. [Epub ahead of print]
- Du Y, Palmer PH, Sakuma K, Blake, J C. Anderson Johnson, AC. The Association between Family Structure and Adolescent Smoking among Multicultural Students in Hawaii. Preventive Medicine Reports (2015), pp. 206-212 DOI information: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2015.03.002
- Eisenman D, Chi GC, Williams M, Chandra A, Plough A. Partnerships for community resilience: perspectives from the Los Angeles County Community Disaster Resilience project. Public Health.2015 Sep;129(9):1297-300
- Gase LN, Kaur M, Dunning L, Montes C, Kuo T. What menu changes do restaurants make after joining a voluntary restaurant recognition program?Appetite.2015 Jun;89:131-5.
- Gase LN, Montes C, Robles B, Tyree R, Kuo T. Media Outlet and Consumer Reactions to Promotional Activities of the Choose Health LA Restaurants Program in Los Angeles County. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015 Jun 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gase LN, Barragan NC, Simon PA, Jackson RJ, Kuo T. Public awareness of and support for infrastructure changes designed to increase walking and biking in Los Angeles County. Prev Med.2015 Jan 5;72C:70-75. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gase LN, Glenn B, Kuo T. Self-Efficacy as a Mediator of the Relationship Between the Perceived Food Environment and Healthy Eating in a Low Income Population in Los Angeles County.J Immigr Minor Health 2015 Mar 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Glenn BA, Tsui J, Singhal R, et al. Factors associated with HPV awareness among mothers of low-income ethnic minority adolescent girls in Los Angeles. Vaccine. Jan 3 2015;33(2):289-293.
- Green NM, Millman AJ, Kornylo Duong K, Lafond K, , Lippold SA, Jhung MA. Influenza Outbreaks Among Passengers and Crew on Two Cruise Ships: A Recent Account of Preparedness and Response to an Ever-Present Challenge.
J Travel Med. 2015 Jun 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Guerry S, Kidd S, Zaidi A, Asbel L, Baldwin T, Gratzer B, Kerani RP, Pathela P, Pettus K, Soge OO, Stirland A, Weinstock,HS. Comparison of Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Pharyngeal, Rectal, and Urethral Neisseria gonorrhoeae Isolates Among Men Who Have Sex with Men. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2015 Feb 17. pii: AAC.04476-14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Higgins C, Chao SM, Bhatra P. Previous Adverse Infant Outcomes as Predictors of Preconception Care Use: An Analysis of
the 2010 and 2012 Los Angeles Mommy and Baby (LAMB) Surveys. Matern Child Health J2015 Dec 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ho A, Hameed H, Lee AW, Shih M. Potential Gains in Life Expectancy from Reductions in Leading Causes of Death, Los Angeles County: a Quantitative Approach to Identify Candidate Diseases for Prevention and Burden Disparities
Elimination. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities October 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s40615-015-0156-1
- Kerndt PR, Stahlman S, Plant A, Javanbakht M, Cross J, Montoya JA, Bolan R. Acceptable interventions to reduce syphilis transmission among high-risk men who have sex with men in Los Angeles. Am J Public Health 2015 Mar;105(3):e88-94.
- Kerndt PR, Shin SS, Hsu T, Chavez E, Chang A. Missed Opportunity to Prevent Tuberculosis. Am J Public Health 2015 Dec;105(12):e3
- Kerndt PR, Stahlman S, Plant A, Javanbakht M, Cross J, Montoya JA, Bolan R. Syphilis Experiences and Risk Perceptions Among Repeatedly Infected Men Who Have Sex with Men. Perspect Sex Reprod Health 2015 Dec;47(4):181-6
- Knight WM, Salam MT, Avoundjian T, Gilliland FD. Genetic Ancestry and Asthma and Rhinitis Occurrence in Hispanic Children: Findings from the Southern California Children's Health Study.PLoS One 2015 Aug 11;10(8):e0135384
- Kuo T, Gase LN, Inkelas M. Population Health and Policy Workgroup. Dissemination, Implementation, and Improvement Science Research in Population Health: Opportunities for Public Health and CTSAs.Clin Transl Sci.2015 Aug 3. doi: 10.1111/cts.12313. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kuo T, Inkelas M, Brown AF, Vassar SD, Sankaré IC, Martinez AB, Kubicek K, Mahajan A, Mittman BS. Enhancing Dissemination, Implementation, and Improvement Science in CTSAs through Regional Partnerships. Clin Transl Sci.2015 Nov 25. doi: 10.1111/cts.12348. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kuo T, Robles B, Trogdon JG, Ferencik R, Simon PA, Fielding JE. Framing the Local Context and Estimating the Health Impact of CPPW Obesity Prevention Strategies in Los Angeles County, 2010-2012. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kuo T, Cummings PL, Javanbakht M, Shafir S, Wang M, Sorvillo F. Salmonellosis Hospitalizations in the United States: Associated Chronic Conditions, Costs, and Hospital Outcomes, 2011, Trends 2000-2011. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2015 Nov 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Laffoon BT, Hall HI, Babu AS, Benbow N, Hsu LC, Hu YW; Urban Areas HIV Surveillance Workgroup. HIV infection and linkage to HIV-related medical care in large urban areas in the United States, 2009.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Apr 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lightstone AS, Mejia N, Basurto-Davila R, Morales DM, Sturm R. Neighborhood Food Environment, Diet, and Obesity Among Los Angeles County Adults, 2011. Prev Chronic Dis. 2015 Sep 3;12:E143
- Lightstone AS, Shih M, Trinh-Shevrin C, Yi SS, Roberts C. Disparities in meeting physical activity guidelines for Asian-Americans in two metropolitan areas in the United States. Ann Epidemiol. 2015 Sep;25(9):656-660
- Mascola L, El Amin AN, Pannaraj PS, Cheung S, Wang HL. Parental perceptions and predictors of consent for school-located influenza vaccination in urban elementary school children in the United States.Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2015 Sep;9(5):255-62
- Montoya JA, Kerndt PR, Plant A, Stahlman S, Javanbakht M, Cross J, Bolan R. Syphilis Experiences and Risk Perceptions Among Repeatedly Infected Men Who Have Sex with Men. Perspect Sex Reprod Health 2015 Jul 20. doi: 10.1363/47e4415. [Epub ahead of print]
- Murphy RD, Wohl AR, Ma Y, Kobeissi L, Oduyemi O, Pérez MJ. Adaptation of the HIV Care Continuum as a Method for Evaluating Syphilis and Gonorrhea Disease Control Activities in Los Angeles County. Sex Transm Dis 2015 Dec;42(12):686-90
- Pourshaban, D, Basurto-Dávila R, Shih M. Building and Sustaining Strong Public Health Agencies: Determinants of Workforce Turnover. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015 Nov-Dec;21 Suppl 6:S80-90.
- Reporter, R, Matanock A, Katz LS, Jackson KA, Kucerova Z, Conrad AR, Glover WA,...Jackson B. Two Listeria monocytogenes pseudo-outbreaks caused by contaminated laboratory culture media. J Clin Microbiol. 2015 Dec 23. pii: JCM.02035-15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robles B, Tein JL, Lieberman AJ, Barragan NC, Gase LN, Kuo T. The relationship between amount of soda consumed and intention to reduce soda consumption among adults exposed to the Choose Health LA 'Sugar Pack' health marketing campaign.Public Health Nutr.2015 Jan 7:1-10. [Epub ahead of print].
- Selzer C,Fowlkes A, Steffens A, Temte J, Lonardo SD, McHugh L,et al. Incidence of medically attended influenza during pandemic and post-pandemic seasons through the Influenza Incidence Surveillance Project, 2009-13. Lancet Respir Med2015 Sep;3(9):709-18
- Shih M, Yi SS, Roberts C, Lightstone AS, Trinh-Shevrin C. Disparities in meeting physical activity guidelines for Asian-Americans in two metropolitan areas in the United States. Ann Epidemiol. 2015 May 14. pii: S1047-2797(15)00186-6.
- Schwartz B, Owais A, Kleinbaum DG, Suchdev PS, Faruque AS, Das SK, Stein AD. Minimum Acceptable Diet at 9 Months but Not Exclusive Breastfeeding at 3 Months or Timely Complementary Feeding Initiation Is Predictive of Infant Growth in Rural Bangladesh PLoS One 2016 Oct 24;11(10):e0165128
- Teutsch SM, Aldrich MC, Hidalgo B, Widome R, Briss P, Brownson RC. The role of epidemiology in evidence-based policy making: a case study of tobacco use in youth Ann Epidemiol. 2015 May;25(5):360-5.
- Teutsch SM, Wernham A. Health in all policies for big cities. Journal of public health management and practice : JPHMP. Jan-Feb 2015;21 Suppl 1:S56-65.
- Tsai G, Frimpong JA, Guerrero EG, Kong Y. Correlates of HIV testing and receipt of test results in addiction health services in Los Angeles County.
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy2015 Aug 7;10:31
- Vidyanti I, Wu B, Wu S. Low-income minority patient engagement with automated telephonic depression assessment and impact on health outcomes. Qual Life Res. 2015 May;24(5):1119-29.
- Wickramasekaran RN, Sorvillo F, Kuo T. Legionnaires' disease and associated comorbid conditions as causes of death in the u.s., 2000-2010. Public Health Rep. 2015 May-Jun;130(3):222-9.
- Wohl AR, Dierst-Davies R, Victoroff A, James S, Bendetson J, Bailey J, Daar E, Spencer L, Kulkarni S, Pérez MJ. The Navigation Program: an Intervention to Re-Engage Lost Patients at 7 HIV Clinics in Los Angeles County, 2012-2014. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yu S, Rethlefsen SA, Wren TA, Kay RM. Long-term Ambulatory Change After Lower Extremity Orthopaedic Surgery in Children With Cerebral Palsy: A Retrospective Review J Pediatr Orthop 2015 Apr-May;35(3):285-9.
- Yue Y,Wu B, Mao Z.Self-reported functional and general health status among older respondents in china: the impact of age, gender, and place of residence. Asia Pac J Public Health2015 Mar;27(2):NP2220-31.