About Specialized Food Services Program
The Specialized Food Services Program is a county-wide unit responsible for ensuring that specialized retail food facilities are following with Federal, State, and local health and safety laws. When health and safety codes are followed, it can help prevent the spread of food-related illness and keep the community and employees safe.
We conduct inspections of the following and see more information below.
- Food vehicles designed to service the motion picture industry and their associated commissaries
- Certified farmers' markets
- Community events associated with farmers' markets
- Food vending machines
- Cottage food operations
- Shared kitchens
- Food demonstrators
- Large venues
- Micro markets
- Licensed healthcare facilities food preparation
- Collection of soft serve product samples
- Host facilities