MAT Resources for Patients
- Where to get MAT in Los Angeles County
- SAMHSA's website for family members on "Decisions in Recovery: Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder"
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction: Facts for Families and Friends
- ASAM Pocket Guide for Patients, Families and Friends
- Essays by individuals supported by MAT in long-term recovery
- An eBook for Parents & Caregivers of Teen & Young Adults Addicted to Opioids
Pharmacy chains in Southern California and California that offer naloxone:
Minimize Withdrawal Symptoms
If a person uses substances regularly, their brain may start to depend on it and people may not feel “normal” when they stop using (withdrawal). For substances like opioids, the withdrawal symptoms can be so uncomfortable that the person keeps using even if they don’t want to. For substances like alcohol, withdrawal can be both uncomfortable and deadly.