County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Quality Improvement Division
Gunzenhauser MD , MPH
241 N. Figueroa St., Suite 275
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 989-7236
Fax: (213) 240-8626
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced. Please
Sample Indicators & Performance Measures
- Healthy People 2010
- Improving Health in the Community: a Role for Performance Monitoring, I.O.M., Prototype Performance Indicator Sets, pg 183 - 359.
- Assessment of Performance Measures for Public Health, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health, Edward B. Perrin and Jeffrey J. Koshel, Editors, National Academy Press, Potential Health Outcome and Risk Status Measures,
(Executive Summary, PDF doc, 42K). Available
- Key Indicators of Public Health, 1999-2000, LA Public Health, Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology
(PDF document, 634K)
- "Quality Measures in Public Health", prepared for L.A. Co. DHS/Public Health Programs and Services by Stephen F. DeRose, MD, MS, Mark A. Schuster, MD, PhD, and Steven M. Asch, MD, MPH, September 1999.
(Word document, 248K)
- "Public Health Quality Indicators", prepared for L.A. Co. DHS Public Health Programs and Services by Stephen F. De Rose, MD, MS, Mark A. Schuster, MD, PhD, Steven M. Asch, MD, MPH, September 1999.
(Word document, 309K)
- TB Indicator Project
- America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being 2002, Federal Agency Forum on Child and Family Statistics.
- Results and Performance Accountability Implementation Guide - See Index of "How to" Questions, 2.7 and 2.8.
- National Quality Measures Clearinghouse, Evidence-based quality measures.
- What Works! Investing in Children and Families, go to About Us, click on Indicators