The Department of Public Health's initiatives and operations are aligned with community health needs and evidence-based public health practices.
To ensure that the Department of Public Health's work is aligned with community need through defining strategic direction, assessing public health needs, and evaluation operations in relation to our strategic plan and the health needs of our communities.
- Assessing community needs, including quantitative and qualitative review
- Engaging in community-based planning efforts
- Conducting policy and operational analyses
- Liaising with stakeholder groups and other County departments
- Leading development and implementation of the
DPH Strategic Plan
- Supporting Public Health programs in their
program planning and evaluation efforts