- How Social and Economic Factors Affect Health
Report covers the period: 2005-2009.
Social Determinants of Health, Issue no. 1
- Childhood Obesity: Tipping the Balance Toward
Healthy, Active Children
Issue date: 07/01/2008. Report covers the period: 1999-2007.
A report in L.A. Health Trends
- Life Expectancy in Los Angeles County. How long
do we live and why?
Issue date: 07/01/2010. Report covers the period: 2006.
A Cities and Communities Health Report. This report presents the life expectancy at birth estimates and level of economic hardship for cities and unincorporated communities in the County.
- Disparities in Deaths from Chronic Liver Disease
Report covers the period: 2000-2008.
- Preventing childhood obesity: the need to create
healthy places. A Cities and Communities Health
Report. October 2007
Issue date: 11/08/2007. Report covers the period: 2005.
- Premature Deaths from Heart Disease and Stroke in
Los Angeles County: A Cities and Communities
Health Report, January 2006.
Issue date: 02/13/2006. Report covers the period: 2000-2002.
A report from the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services presenting rates of premature death from cardiovascular disease in cities and large communities throughout the county.
- The Burden of Disease in Los Angeles County
Issue date: 01/01/2000. This report employs a new method the Global Burden of Disease to assess the total burden of disease and injury among Los Angeles County residents. The major objectives of this study are to:
- Provide additional perspective on burden of disease and injury assessment.
- Advance the public discussion about public health resource allocation.
- Chronic Illnesses, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, Violence,and Unintentional Injuries produce a substantial burden of disease.
- Burden of disease varies considerably by gender, race/ethnicity and geographic area.
- Reducing Alcohol-Related Harms in Los Angeles
Report covers the period: 2000-2009.
A Cities and Communities Health Report