VisionPublic Health Nursing - Working Together To Assure Healthy People In Healthy Communities
MissionPublic Health Nursing improves the well being of communities by promoting health and preventing disease, disability and premature death among all residents of Los Angeles County. Public Health Nursing improves the quality of neighborhood life by working in partnership with community residents to create the conditions that ensure healthy lives.
Services & ActivitiesPublic Health Nursing services and activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sharing the analysis of the practice data in an transdisciplinary health team environment.
- Engaging in collaborative relationships with community based agencies and/or specific populations to develop public policy and target disease prevention activities.
- Analyzing data collected from practice and evaluating health trends, services and risk factors to determine priorities for planning outcomes and determining intervention or action.
- Serving as public health team leader in emergency preparedness and response situations.
- Coordinating programs, services and other activities to achieve established objectives.
- Providing consultation to community groups, health professionals and agencies to facilitate the implementation of programs and services.