About Office of Violence Prevention (OVP)
The charge of this office is to improve coordination and support existing efforts across the county to prevent multiple forms of violence, through a renewed focus on prevention, and to ensure that strategies are responsive to community, and trauma informed.
- Andrea Welsing, MPH, Director
- Celeste Del Valle, MPH, Health Educator
- Isabelle Sternfeld, MSPH, Epidemiologist
- Kelly Fischer, MA, Staff Analyst
- Aarti Harper, Health Program Analyst II
- Keith Baker, BS, Research Analyst III
- Mirna Ponce Jewell, MPH, MA, Epidemiologist
- Samuel Jacques, Research Analyst
- Patricia Hernandez, Health Education Assistant
- Mary Lou Luna, Intermediate Typist Clerk
- Eileen Manasan, Senior Typist Clerk
- Areli Castrejon, Professional Student Worker
- Victoria Malkhasyan, Professional Student Worker
- Vanessa Arevalo-Canales, Professional Student Worker
For more information please call 626-293-2610
Injury Surveillance: Reports on injury and violence morbidity and mortality in Los Angeles County, including maps and special studies. Public inquiries regarding are answered.
Child Passenger Safety Seat Program: A program that provides education and a voucher to low income families for the purchased of a child passenger safety seat. Two community based agencies provide education and vouchers to qualified families. More than 2,500 low income families a year are provided with information and a safety seat by CBOs.