About Injury & Violence Prevention Program (IVPP)
The Injury & Violence Prevention Program (IVPP) of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is a part of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division. IVPP monitors the occurrence of intentional and unintentional injuries among the residents of Los Angeles County and implements prevention programs to reduce morbidity and mortality due to injuries. The goal of the program is to reduce the leading causes of injury related death and disability for the Los Angeles County population.
- Andrea Welsing, Director
- Celeste Del Valle, MPH, Community Health Educator
- Christine Li, MHS, Child Passenger Safety Seat Coordinator
- Isabelle Sternfeld, MSPH, Epidemiologist
- Keith Baker, BS, Research Analyst III
- Kelly Fischer, MA, Staff Analyst
- Margarita Ghukasyan, Student Professional Worker
- Nicolle Perras, MA, MPH, Research Analyst III
- Samuel Jacques, Student Professional Worker
For more information please call (213) 351-7888
Injury Surveillance: Reports on injury and violence morbidity and mortality in Los Angeles County, including maps and special studies. Public inquiries regarding are answered.
Child Passenger Safety Seat Program: A program that provides education and a voucher to low income families for the purchased of a child passenger safety seat. Two community based agencies provide education and vouchers to qualified families. More than 2,500 low income families a year are provided with information and a safety seat by CBOs.