Welcome to the Los Angeles County
Be Active Resource Directory!
The Be Active Resource Directory was created to help the residents of Los Angeles County eat healthy and be more active every day. This directory provides a list of free-to-low cost nutrition and physical activity resources located in Los Angeles County. A wide variety of internet resources have also been included. The organizations and resources in this directory have not been paid to be listed and their inclusion in the directory should not be viewed as an endorsement. This directory is not all-inclusive and will be updated periodically.
This directory is made possible by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Nutrition & Physical Activity Program. Principal funding for this resource is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Be Active In Your Service Planning Area (SPA)!
Los Angeles County is divided into eight Service Planning Areas known as SPAs. Each SPA has an Area Health Office that is responsible for planning public health and clinical services according to the health needs of the local communities. Examples of activities include:
- Providing services through Department of Health Services clinics and community partners.
- Promoting health & preventing disease through the Department of Public Health.
- Assessing health needs of local communities.
- Collaborating with community groups to improve the health of all Angelenos.
Below are the links of the Be Active Resource Directory. For convenience, the physical activity resources are listed by SPA and the nutrition resources are listed by service type.
- MAP - LOS ANGELES COUNTY BY SPA
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 1 - ANTELOPE VALLEY
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 2 - SAN FERNANDO
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 3 - SAN GABRIEL
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 4 - METRO
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 5 - WEST
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 6 - SOUTH
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 7 - EAST
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY RESOURCES - SPA 8 - SOUTH BAY
- NUTRITION RESOURCES
- INTERNET RESOURCES
For more information, please contact Michael Fox at 213-351-7841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated December 2013