Los Angeles County Mpox Case Summary (Weekly)
Updated on Fridays. Data as of at 6:00pm.
Total Mpox / Orthopox Confirmed Cases
**includes Long Beach and Pasadena
|Los Angeles County (excl. Long Beach and Pasadena)|
Pasadena data as of .
Total Mpox / Orthopox Confirmed Deaths
Case1 Counts by Episode Date
Cumulative Vaccine Summary
Total First Doses Administered6
*Data as of at 6:00 p.m.
*includes Long Beach and Pasadena
Cumulative Case1 Counts and Vaccination Sites7 by Service Planning Area (SPA)
CUMULATIVE SUMMARY OF PATIENTS TREATED WITH TECOVIRIMAT (TPOXX)
2. Rates are crude. Data source for population estimates: July 1, 2019 Population and Poverty Estimates, prepared by Hedderson Demographic Services for Los Angeles County Internal Services Department, released 05/26/2020.
3. -- = value unavailable. ^ = unstable. Rate is considered unstable if the relative standard error 23 percent or more of the rate estimate or if the frequency was less than 20.
4. The Healthy Places Index, developed by the Public Health Alliance of Southern California, combines 25 community characteristics, like access to healthcare, housing, education, and more, into a single score reflecting the overall health of the community. On this dashboard, HPI scores were divided into quartiles, with quartile 1 representing the least healthy communities. For more information about HPI, visit https://www.healthyplacesindex.org/
5. Defined as people experiencing homelessness during exposure period. Unsheltered - Encampment: living in places or structures not meant for human habitation with groups of other persons. Unsheltered - Other: living in places or structures not meant for human habitation (e.g., parks, streets, or vehicles). Sheltered - Congregate Housing: living specifically in congregate sheltered settings (e.g., homeless and transitional shelters, domestic violence shelters, recuperative care centers). Sheltered - Other: living in temporary housing during exposure (e.g., hotels/motels used for emergency housing, couch surfing in private homes). Unknown/Under Investigation: unable to locate the individual's whereabouts or is currently under investigations by the PEH team. For vaccination data only: Other: Any other non-listed setting. Prefer Not to State/Unknown: Setting status information not provided.
6. The number of doses received are directly allocated to LAC DPH from the federal government to respond to the current mpox outbreak. These doses are then distributed to public and community/hospital vaccination sites to administer.
7. Vaccination site locations are subject to change and do not imply vaccine availability. Please consult current LA County guidelines to determine vaccine eligibility.
8. Total count does not represent all patients treated. Forms continue to be uploaded from treatment sites.
9. Multiple indications possible.
10. Cells with a count of less than 5 are censored due to small cell size.