Who should get a flu vaccination?
Flu vaccinations are recommended for all persons 6 months of age and
older, including healthy children and adults.
It is especially important to get a flu vaccine if you:
- Are 6 months through 18 years of age
- Are 50 years of age and older
- Are pregnant or just had a baby
- Are morbidly obese
- Live in a nursing home or long-term care home
- Have a weakened immune system or chronic medical condition (diabetes, heart or lung disease)
- Live with or care for someone who is more likely to have flu complications
- Are a healthcare provider.
Take the first and most important step in
protecting you and your family against the flu. Get
Where can I get vaccinated?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH)
is offering flu vaccinations at no-cost at
its public health centers and community venues throughout Los Angeles County. No appointments are needed for LA County Department
of Public Health vaccination clinics, but please check clinic hours before visiting the public health center. If you have health
insurance, your best source for vaccination is your regular clinic or provider office. Flu vaccinations are also available now in
community settings such as pharmacies and some community clinics.
- 2016 DPH Flu Vaccination Outreach Schedule
What is the cost to get flu vaccinations?
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health offers flu vaccines at no charge to people who don't have health insurance or whose healthcare provider does not offer flu vaccines.
- If you have health insurance, please contact your regular health care provider or insurance provider to confirm the cost for vaccination.
- The cost of flu vaccinations at pharmacies and community clinics varies. Please call ahead to confirm the cost for vaccination.
Where can I learn more
Can my organization host a flu vaccination clinic?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health partners with community-based organizations to offer flu vaccinations to individuals who do not have access to vaccinations through a regular healthcare provider at community sites across Los Angeles County. If your organization is interested in hosting a flu vaccination clinic: