- Educate the general public on the benefits of vaccines
- Provide media coverage for annual community immunization awareness events such as National Immunization Awareness Month and Preteen Vaccine Week.
- Report vaccine information from medically reliable sources
- Report positive messages regarding vaccines and their benefits
- Understand the public's right to know all the facts and report comprehensive, balanced information
- Propose and support legislation that reduces out-of-pocket costs for immunizations to uninsured and underinsured LA County residents
- Learn about your constituents' immunization coverage levels and know which groups might be at higher risk for acquiring and spreading vaccine-preventable diseases
- Support health policies that will improve and maintain a vaccine delivery system that increases access to immunizations across the lifespan (from infancy to adulthood)
- Participate in outreach campaigns and events sponsored by immunization coalitions and stakeholder
- Review the vaccination history of all new patients to determine which vaccines are needed and/or up-to-date. Document the vaccination history in the patient's medical record.
- Assess only medically indicated vaccine contraindications
- Utilize reminder/recall systems (e.g. automated phone calls, emails, scheduling the patient's next visit before they leave the office) to facilitate completion of the vaccination series
- Communication vaccine risk-benefit information to parents and adult patients
- Join California's immunization registry at http://cairweb.org/