Welcome to the COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program for business owners and employees in Los Angeles County.
To offer a program for Los Angeles County businesses currently permitted to operate to voluntarily
self-certify that they are fully implementing the required COVID-19 Protocols from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health
(Public Health). This process will help business owners follow the required Protocols and maintain their operations with as much safety as possible for their staff,
customers, and visitors. The COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate is not required, but it is recommended. It will demonstrate to the public that your business is complying with required Protocols.
Businesses that do not have a COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate must continue to post the required Protocols at all public entrances to the facility as required by the County Reopening Safer at Work Health Officer Order. To limit the spread of COVID-19 within the workplace and community, we need the public, all business owners, and community organizations to support the modified operations of businesses and public spaces to make them as safe as possible during this pandemic.
Business owners can take this training to receive a COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate to be placed at all public entrances to their facility. This certificate acknowledges that their facility is following all the required Public Health COVID-19 Protocols. Employees can also watch this training to learn more about the Protocols and the steps their employers must take to offer required workplace protections.
- Watch the *training video below. Please stay on the video page to be automatically directed to a survey after the end of the video. If you watch the training video on YouTube, you will not have access to the survey.
- Complete the brief survey after the training.
- Receive an emailed certificate.
- Post the COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate at all public entrances to the facility.
*Please note that the training video below provides a general overview of the required Protocols. Businesses must visit
www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/coronavirus for Protocols specific to their sectors. The Protocols are a requirement, not a recommendation.
- Business owners must post their printed COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate at all public entrances to the facility.
- Business owners must keep a copy of the Protocols at the facility for review, upon request.
- A copy of the Protocols must be given to all employees and posted in employee designated areas, such as breakrooms.
- Businesses (employers and employees) must all follow the Protocols for their sector.
Please note: Businesses must follow current Health Officer Orders. Only businesses that are currently permitted to be open under these orders are eligible for a COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate. Please visit
for more information.
NOTE: If there are three (3) COVID-19 cases within a span of 14 days, the employer MUST report this to the Department of Public Health at:
(888) 397-3993 or (213) 240-7821
The training video is available below to view. After watching the video, you will be directed to complete a brief survey. You must complete the survey to receive your
COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate.
The training will cover 5 key areas:
- Workplace policies and practices to protect employee health.
- Measures to ensure physical distancing.
- Measures to ensure infection control.
- Communications with employees and the public.
- Measures to ensure equitable access to critical services.
Please stay on the video page to be automatically directed to a survey after the end of the video. If you watch the training video on YouTube, you will not have access to the survey.
if you have questions.
Empezar a Entrenar