Welcome to the Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program for Los Angeles County and LA City business owners and employees
To offer a program for both Los Angeles County and Los Angeles City businesses to voluntarily self-certify that they are fully implementing the COVID-19 vaccination verification (as required by the Los Angeles County Health Officer Order or Los Angeles City Ordinances) and indoor masking requirements (for all businesses) per applicable Local, State, and Federal requirements.
- Please note that the information viewed in this training may change based on local needs, state guidance, and other factors.
- Check the Department of Public Health's Reopening LA County website for requirements, including Health Officer Orders, in effect at LA County as well as your local jurisdiction's website to see if there is a local ordinance in your area that may require that you carry out additional requirements.
All indoor businesses are required to follow indoor masking requirements for customers, visitors, and employees. In Los Angeles County, the higher-risk sectors listed below are required to verify full vaccination against COVID-19 for indoor service including:
- Mega Indoor Events (events with 1,000 or more attendees)
- Mega Outdoor Events (events with 10,000 or more attendees)
Businesses in Los Angeles County that are not required but choose to verify that customers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for indoor service, are encouraged to participate in this program. Businesses who complete the voluntary program will have the option to be listed on the Public Health website to recognize their commitment to the health and safety of their workers and employees.
As of November 8, many business establishments in the City of Los Angeles are also required to verify that patrons (not employees) are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for indoor service. Please visit the City of Los Angeles SafePassLA: Vaccination Guidelines for LA City Businesses website for details.
Any business can choose to require vaccine verification for patrons and/or employees seeking indoor service, even if they are not required to do so. This training program will help business owners understand the vaccination verification process, follow the requirements, and maintain their operations with as much safety as possible for their staff, patrons, and visitors. The Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate is not required, but it is highly recommended. It will demonstrate to the public that your business has been trained on and is implementing vaccination verification for indoor service and indoor masking to lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission. To limit the spread of COVID-19 within the workplace and community, we need the public, all employers, and employees to follow the indoor vaccine verification and indoor masking requirements to make businesses and public spaces as safe as possible during this pandemic and to prevent another surge in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Business owners can take this training to receive an Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate to be placed at all public entrances to their facility. This certificate acknowledges that their facility has been trained on and is adhering to indoor masking requirements and verifying that customers who served in indoor settings are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees can also watch this training to learn more about the requirements, and process for implementation of vaccination verification.
There are 3 modules currently available as part of the Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program. Please read the descriptions below to determine which module best suits your business:
Training for Designated Los Angeles County Businesses Required to Verify COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Audience: Businesses including Bars, Nightclubs, Lounges, Wineries, Breweries, Distilleries, and indoor and outdoor Mega Events in LA County.
Training for Los Angeles County Businesses Who Choose to Verify COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Audience: Businesses that are not required but have chosen to verify the COVID-19 vaccination status of their patrons to improve the safety of their employees, customers, and visitors. These businesses are located outside of the City of Los Angeles or any other city with a local vaccination verification requirement.
Training for Designated Los Angeles City Businesses Required to Verify COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Audience: Businesses that are located within the City of Los Angeles jurisdiction and want to learn more about the additional requirements they must comply with.
Please be sure to select the module that is best suited to your business. If you are unsure if your business is in the City of Los Angeles, you can type in your address at the Los Angeles County District Locator website to find out. Businesses should also check with their Local Jurisdictions as they may have additional requirements.
- Disable pop-up blockers on your browser.
- Watch the training video.
- Complete the brief survey that will pop up after the video training.
- Select employer or employee on the survey. Please note, employers will receive the Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate. Employees will receive a certificate of participation.
- Receive an emailed certificate.
- Post the Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate at all public entrances to the facility.
- Business owners can post their printed Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate at all public entrances to the facility
- Employees can keep a copy of their certificate of participation for their records.
- All businesses must adhere to requirements under the Health Officer Order
- Visit Guidance for Businesses and Employers page for Best Practices for businesses and specific sectors. You can also find free printable signage to post at your business or worksite.
- Visit Business Toolkit for Ensuring Safety and Compliance with Health Officer Orders page with important information about how to verify vaccination status, printable posters, social media graphics, and more.
- Visit SafePassLA page for information on the City of LA ordinance for businesses that fall within LA City.
- Visit Vaccination Verification Requirements page for information for businesses that operate in the West Hollywood area.
- Type in your address in Los Angeles County District Locator website to confirm if your business is in the City of Los Angeles:
- View Communities areas within the City of Los Angeles and Their Supervisorial District
The training video are available below to view. After watching the video that best suits your needs, you will be directed to complete a brief survey. You must complete the survey to receive your Updated COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate or certificate of participation.
Please note: We recommend turning off pop up blockers to make sure you have access to the survey after the video. Additionally, please stay on the video page to complete the training. If you click on the YouTube video link, you will not be directed to complete a survey or receive a certificate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or technical assistance.
Please select the training module from below: