LA county text County Directory of Information & Services | Public Alerts | Public Information | County Contact Information

County of Los Angeles Public Health Logo

Environmental Health
Public Health EH Building


Tell Us How We're Doing
How to Find Us
County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Environmental Health
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
(888) 700-9995



Important Info:

The director shall require from the owner or operator submission of plans, specifications and such other information as may be necessary prior to the construction, or prior to making any additions or modifications of, a wholesale food establishment for which a building permit is required. It shall be unlawful for any person to construct or make any additions or modifications of a wholesale food establishment without first receiving approval in writing from the director. (Los Angeles County Code, Title 11, Section 11.12.020).

NEW CONSTRUCTION means any building or structure that is being constructed for use, for the first time, as a wholesale food processing establishment OR a facility that previously operated as a wholesale food establishment but has been closed / out-of-business for greater than 90 days. Additionally, any wholesale food establishment under going a change of use or change of business classification shall be deemed “new construction”.

REMODEL means construction or renovation to a wholesale food establishment that requires a permit from the local building authority. Remodel may also refer to any replacement or significant modification of an integral piece of equipment or any part of the building structure. A facility that has been closed for less than 90 days may be permitted to open without structural/ operational modification. Remodeling requires a current public health license or permit.

Back to Environmental Health's Home Page
 email icon   Email Us
Pay for your Public Health
Permit or License by credit card

To pay for your Public Health Permit and/or License with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card, please click

A 2.25% convenience fee per transaction will apply. Please have your Account ID and your Facility ID numbers from your billing statement ready. Payment will only be accepted online for the total amount owed on an account. Terms and
Conditions apply. For more information about Permit and License Billing, please click here.

Areas of Interest
Popular Links
arrow2013-2014 License/Permit Fees

arrowBeware: Health Inspector Imposters

arrowBody Art

arrowCertified Food Handler & Manager:
arrowCommunity Events

arrowCottage Food Operation

arrowDrinking Water Report

arrowFood Facility (Restaurant/Market) Ratings

arrowFood Facility Closures

arrowFood Recalls  

All Recalls for 2015:

arrowGuidelines for Safe Food Donation

arrowInspect Your Home Kitchen

arrowMobile Food Facility Route Sheet

arrowMotion Picture Catering Operation Permit
arrowPet Dogs in Outdoor Dining Areas

arrowPlan Check Guides:
arrowSwimming Pool Inspection Details

arrowSwimming Pool Closure List

arrowWhat to Expect as a Food Operator
Director of Environmental Health
Angelo J. Bellomo
Director's Biography
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services