Tell Us How We're Doing
File a complaint
To report public health issues.
Call the Customer Call Center at:

(888) 700-9995

Telephone agents are available on Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Or visit our Environmental Health Online Complaint System

To report a foodborne illness: please visit the Foodborne Illness Complaint page
How to Find Us
County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Environmental Health
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
(888) 700-9995

get adobe reader image

Adobe Reader
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced. Please Click Here


chef chopping food image

Below are information and links related to food safety, restaurant/market ratings, starting a food business and general information for the food businesses the County Environmental Health Division regulates and for the public.

Types of Food Facilities

Caterer : provides food for events at a location separate from where the food was prepared

Community Event : a fair or festival open to the public that sells or offers food from food booths

Cottage Food Operation : prepares non-potentially hazardous foods from a private home

Micro Market : an unattended, self-checkout food facility located inside a building for employees at their work location

Mobile Food Facility : a vehicle such as a food truck or cart that sells or offers food

Retail Food Facility : a retail business such as a restaurant or market that sells or offers food directly to the consumer

Vending Machine : a self-service mechanical device that dispenses food or drink that is purchased

Wholesale Food Facility : a business that packages, prepares, processes or stores food for sale to a retail food business