A child gets CCS services if the child meets all
four CCS eligibility rules:
1. Age eligible: the child is under 21 years old.
2. Medically eligible: the child has a physical disability or medical condition that is covered by CCS. This is called having a "CCS eligible condition." CCS covers many serious health and physical conditions. After careful study of the information we receive from your child's doctors, we decide if your child has an eligible condition. Ask us if you have questions.
3. Residentially eligible: the child lives with a parent or guardian who lives in Los Angeles County. Each county in California has a CCS program, and if you move to another county, we will help you transfer to that county's CCS program.
4. Financially eligible:
The child has
Healthy Families or
The family's adjusted gross income is less than
$40,000 (if a family earns less than $40,000 but
200% above the federal poverty level, they will
need to apply to Medi-Cal and Healthy Families)
The family earns more than $40,000, but would
spend 20% or more on medical services for the
child's CCS eligible condition without CCS.
Some families may pay:
- An annual assessment fee of $20 AND
- An enrollment fee, using a sliding scale based on family income and size.
|The amount of the enrollment fee depends on how much money a family makes and how big the family is. For example, a family of three earning $40,000 will pay an enrollment fee of $300 plus the $20 assessment fee each year.|
A family in need can ask us to lower or "waive" these fees if there is financial hardship.
A family will not pay these fees if the child has one of the following:
- "Full-scope Medi-Cal with no Share Of Cost," which can be:
- 1. Medi-Cal Managed Care or
- 2. Fee-for-Service Medi-Cal
- Healthy Families
- Diagnostic services
- CCS Medical Therapy Program (MTU) services only.
NOTE: A signed application form gives the family legal rights to appeal.
Hours of Operation (PST): Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
9320 Telstar Ave. Suite #226
El Monte, CA 91731