Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
For our Public Health vaccination sites, we are currently only accepting applications from staff who work for the County of Los Angeles.
For other opportunities for medical professionals who are interested in supporting the COVID-19 response:
- For paid positions - contact the California COVID Health Corps
- Volunteer opportunities (including Medical Disaster Service Workers) - contact the City of Los Angeles
We are looking for licensed clinical professionals (LCPs) to volunteer (unpaid) to help with our mass vaccination efforts. Public Health is hosting five large vaccine point of dispensing (POD) sites daily from January 19 2021.Volunteer Now
We are looking the following licensed professionals*:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Pharmacist (PharmD)
- EMT (with expanded scope of work)
- Paramedic (with expanded scope of work)
The clinical roles include:
- Preparing and drawing the vaccine
- Monitoring vaccine temperature
- Administering vaccine
- Observing people for reactions to vaccine
Things to know:
- These are all 10-hour shifts (8am-6:30 pm) 7 days a week; unfortunately, no part time shifts are available.
- Job specific appropriate PPE will be provided.
- Liability coverage is provided to all volunteers who register and complete the required paperwork.
- Training materials will be sent by email beforehand. On-site training will also be provided.
- Sign up here to be vaccinated ahead of time or you can receive COVID-19 vaccine onsite. If you have already had one dose of vaccine and you are due the second dose you can receive that onsite (if we are using vaccine made by the same manufacturer as your original dose).
*If you do not currently have a current CA license in these professions, we need you too! Please consider volunteering in a non-clinical role.