Booster doses for people who have received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine.
People who received a second dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago can receive a booster dose of Pfizer vaccine if the following CDC recommendations apply:
The following people should receive a booster dose of Pfizer vaccine
The following people may receive a booster dose of Pfizer vaccine based on their individual benefits and risks.
- Adults aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions
- Adults aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting
Examples of institutional settings include group homes, prisons, and shelters. Examples of occupations include healthcare workers, first responders, teachers and day care staff, grocery workers, and workers in homeless shelters or prisons
If you have questions about the risks and benefits of a booster dose, talk with your doctor.
Booster doses are currently only available to people who already received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine because Pfizer is the only vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for booster doses. People in the recommended age groups who received the Moderna or J&J/Janssen vaccine will likely need a booster shot, and more data on the effectiveness and safety of these booster shots are expected in the coming weeks.
- The booster dose must be a Pfizer vaccine. To search for a location that offers the Pfizer vaccine, use the search by “Vaccine Type” filter below.
- When you go to the location, take proof of vaccination such as your CDC white card or digital vaccination record (see Vaccination Records webpage for details, including how to get your digital record) to show that you received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine at least 6 months ago.
- If you attend a site run by Public Health, you will be asked to sign a self-attestation form: English | Español (translations pending)
For more information see the Pfizer Fact Sheets for Recipients and Caregivers and the CDC webpage Vaccines for COVID-19