Itís Time to Get your Flu Vaccination!
The flu season can last into the spring and as long as flu viruses are circulating, itís not too late
to get vaccinated. In fact, flu activity usually peaks in January or February, so getting vaccinated now can protect
you at the time of the year when you are most likely to be exposed to the flu.
Everyone 6 months of age and older should be vaccinated against the flu every year. If you have health
insurance, your best source for vaccination is your regular clinic or provider office. Flu vaccinations are also available
in community settings such as pharmacies and some community clinics. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH)
is also offering flu vaccines at no-cost at its public health centers throughout Los Angeles County. No appointments
are needed for LA County Department of Public Health vaccination clinics, but please check clinic hours before
visiting the public health center.
Where can I get vaccinated?
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Flu Vaccination Clinics (No-charge, No appointments needed)
Other Resources for Getting Flu Vaccinations
Who should get flu vaccinations?
Flu vaccinations are recommended for all persons 6 months of age and over, including healthy children and adults.
It is especially important to get a flu vaccine if you:
- Are 6 months through 18 years of age
- Are 50 years of age and older
- Are pregnant or just had a baby
- Are morbidly obese
- Live in a nursing home or long-term care home
- Have a weakened immune system or chronic medical condition (diabetes, heart or lung disease)
- Live with or care for someone who is more likely to have flu complications
- Are a healthcare provider.
What is the cost to get flu vaccinations?
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health offers flu vaccines at no charge to people who don't have health insurance or whose healthcare provider does not offer flu vaccines.
- If you have health insurance, please contact your regular health care provider or insurance provider to confirm the cost for vaccination.
- The cost of flu vaccinations at pharmacies and community clinics varies. Please call ahead to confirm the cost for vaccination.
Where can I learn more
Can my organization host a flu vaccination clinic?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health partners with community-based organizations to offer flu vaccinations to individuals who do not have access to vaccinations through a regular healthcare provider at community sites across Los Angeles County. If your organization is interested in hosting a flu vaccination clinic: